MinistryDirect.com and Gospel Publishing House are giving away free books every week through the end of September. Check out George Paul Wood’s blog (georgepwood.ministrydirect.com) every Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. (Central Daylight Time) for the list of books and contest rules. Then, come back to his blog on every Thursday at 2:00 p.m. (CDT) for a video announcement of winners and discussion of new and interesting books.
Book Giveaway for Thursday, August 26, 2010
- GPH Product: Dr. George O. Wood, Living in the Spirit kit for church-wide series on the person and work of the Holy Spirit ($89.99 value)
- GPH Product: Dr. Stanley M. Horton, The Pentecostal Library for PC Study Bible (requires PC Study Bible 4 or higher; $59.95 value)
- Gary A. Haugen, Good News about Injustice: A Witness of Courage in a Hurting World (IVP Books)
- Matthew Soerens and Jenny Hwang, Welcoming the Stranger: Justice, Compassion and Truth in the Immigration Debate (IVP Books)
- Mae Elise Cannon, Social Justice Handbook: Small Steps for a Better World (IVP Books)
- Eligibility: Contestants must be credentialed Assemblies of God ministers and subscribers to MinistryDirect.com. Subscription to MinistryDirect.com is free for all credentialed AG ministers. (If you have questions about your subscription, please email [email protected].) For some books, eligibility may be further limited, for example, to senior pastors, youth pastors, children’s pastors, worship pastors, etc.). Employees of the General Council are ineligible for this contest.
- Entry and Winning: Eligible contestants must email George Paul Wood at [email protected] before Thursday at 1:00 p.m. CDT. Their emails should include the following information: (1) Name, (2) Contact info, and (3) order of preference for books being given away that week. Books will be given away in order of name drawn and highest book preference still available.
- Promise and Promotion: Contestants who win a book promise to read and post of review of it on their MinistryDirect.com blog within 30 days of receiving it. MinistryDirect.com will promote the book reviews within MinistryDirect.com itself and also on Twitter and Facebook.
- Multiple Entries and Wins: Contestants may enter the contest each week. Winning contestants are eligible to re-enter the contest only after they have read and reviewed already won books on their MinistryDirect.com blog.