I’m listening to a webcast by Rick Warren about 40 Days in the Word, his church-wide campaign for spring 2012.
In his introductory remarks, Warren talked about eight laws of spiritual growth. Here they are:
- Spiritual growth is intentional: We grow by making commitments.
- …incremental: We grow step by step.
- …personal: We grow at different rates than others.
- …habitual: We grow by developing good habits.
- …relational: Spiritual growth happens in community.
- …multidimensional: Spiritual growth involves the five purposes (worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, evangelism) and the various learning styles (hearing, speaking, doing).
- …seasonal: We grow in stages.
- …incarnational: We grow by becoming more like Jesus.
What do you think?