Over at InfluenceMagazine.com, I interview David Kinnaman of Barna Group about its new report, Gen Z: The Culture, Beliefs and Motivations Shaping the Next Generation. In my opinion, this is an excellent report for pastors–especially youth and KidMin pastors–and parents who want to understand the water in which their Gen Z kids swim.
You can follow Barna Group on Facebook and Twitter. I always find its research to be thought-provoking and helpful.
Episode 125 Notes
- 00:00 Introduction of podcast topic
- 00:32 MEGA Sports Camp ad copy
- 01:10 Welcome to David Kinnaman
- 01:47 Why pastors and other church leaders should pay attention to generational research
- 04:00 Demographics of Generation Z
- 07:18 Big themes of Barna’s Gen Z report
- 12:10 Nominal Christianity vs. biblical worldview
- 15:51 Diversity of race/ethnicity and gender/sexuality
- 21:22 Materialistic values
- 25:04 Best practices for ministry to Generation Z
- 27:55 Gen Z and Barna Trends 2018
- 29:04 Conclusion